APPLYING TO THE PLANT SCIENCES PHD PROGRAM
2. Applicants should specify "Plant Sciences" subprogram in the CUNY application.
3. Identify one or two possible faculty mentors, to be indicated on your application. It is recommended that you also contact them directly prior to submitting the application. For students interested in advisors located at the New York Botanical Garden, please refer to the NYBG Graduate Studies link and submit both CUNY and NYBG applications.
4. Make sure that your personal statement describes your specific research interests and how your prior research background has prepared you for your intended thesis research.
5. Make sure that the CUNY application is mailed to the Graduate School as follows:
6. Once the CUNY application is complete (including transcripts, letters, test scores), the Office of Admissions (phone: 212-817-7470) will forward it to the Biology PhD Program office. To inquire on the status of your application, contact the Biology PhD Program Office.
NOTE: For students interested in the Lehman College Masters Program in Biology, the application is sent to Lehman and not to the Graduate School. For more information, see the Lehman Masters Program Web Site. While a Masters degree is not required for entry into the CUNY Biology PhD program, students having completed the Masters degree at Lehman College may apply for the CUNY Biology PhD program.
last edited 06/14/2008